The Power of Masimo’s Breakthrough Measurements in a Patient-worn Monitor
With breakthrough rainbow SET® technology and wireless communication, Radius-7 is designed to allow patient mobility along with continuous monitoring, enabling early identification of clinical deterioration.
Breakthrough rainbow SET® measurements
- > Oxygen saturation (SpO2) and pulse rate monitoring with Masimo SET® Measure-through Motion and Low Perfusion™ pulse oximetry for reliable detection of desaturation and accurate pulse rate while dramatically reducing false alarms1, 2
- > Respiration rate monitoring through either rainbow Acoustic Monitoring™ for acoustic respiration rate (RRa®) or through the plethysmograph waveform (RRp™) to identify respiratory depression or tachypnea3
- > Noninvasive and continuous haemoglobin (SpHb®)
monitoring with rainbow® Pulse CO-Oximetry may
help clinicians detect bleeding earlier, avoid
unnecessary blood draws, and optimise
Small, lightweight, and wearable for untethered monitoring and ambulation
- > Designed to promote greater patient comfort and independence
- > Reduces the need for nurses to disconnect the monitor each time the patient gets out of bed
Standard wireless communication
- > Short-range communication to Root® with secured Bluetooth
- > Upgradeable to WiFi* for direct communication throughout the hospital to the Patient SafetyNet™** remote monitoring system
- > Intuitive touch-pad navigation and trend views facilitate on-the-spot assessment of patient status
- > Configurable display shut-off minimises patient distraction and supports privacy while ambulating
- > Alarms through Root when in range or directly on Radius-7 when out of range
- > Two “hot-swappable,” rechargeable modules (one on Radius-7, one charging in Root) minimise monitoring interruption
- >12-hour battery life facilitates just one module exchange per shift
- > Single-patient use armband minimises cross-contamination risk while ensuring patient comfort
- > Seamless module pairing with Root to facilitate nursing workflows
Each Radius-7 comes with two rechargeable, “hot-swappable” modules.
- 1 Taenzer A.H. et al. Anesthesiology. 2010 Feb;112(2):282-7. 2 Pyke Joshua et al. Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare. May/June 2009. 3 Ramsay M.A.E. et al. Anesth Analg 2013
- * The configuration for long-range communication is pending CE marking.
- ** The use of the trademarks Patient SafetyNet and PSN is under license from University HealthSystem Consortium.